Saturday, July 2, 2011

POSTCARDS FOR YOU (cont.)

Here is the next batch of past postcards.

5/28/11
#7
Dear E,

I stopped watching Before Sunset, which is the sequel to Before Sunrise. When you think about it, there's no significant difference -- especially as they concern limitations and boundlessness – that is, ephemeral and eternal feelings. No difference at all. Still, I turned it off because it was plucking my nerves. Besides, I spend most of my waking and sleeping hours thinking about you anyway.


5/29/11
#8
Dear E,

Bees in my veins today. For a second, I forgot my age and which planet I inhabit. Stingers in my hands. Then I calmed down. The buzz ain't so bad if you stop to appreciate the synchronicity. To experience such an epic lapse, to forget one's own age is to reach honey nirvana.


5/30/11
#9
Dear E,

Happy Memorial Day! I don’t feel like remembering today. Meet me in Montauk and help me forget.


5/31/11
#10
Dear E,

Initially, I was going to take a near-lethal dose of Enzyte, maybe even pump it intravenously, and then take a picture of my inflated dick and send it to you. Instead, I'm going to start collecting belt-buckles -- big fucking belt-buckles -- so that when you look at them you'll also have to notice my crotch, which will make you think about having sex with me and mayhaps eventually fall in love with me. And even if neither happen, as long as you're thinking about either happening, then the belt-buckles will be precious.


6/1/11
#11
Dear E,

My infomercial idea: [black-&-white; 2 people argue; stoic faces] Having trouble vexing someone? Can’t get under their skin? Not pushing the right buttons? Try this! Tell them to “relax.” [color; Person1 utters phrase to Person2; Person2 flails arms, then starts smashing the fine china; Person1 folds arms and wears shit-eating-grin.] The next time you’re in an argument, don’t fail to piss off the other person by saying you understand – just say “relax,” “calm down,” or “ok ok, chill out.” In seconds, you’ll send them over the edge! 90% of the time, this fast and easy tactic works every time!


6/2/11
#12
Dear E,

Right around lunchtime, a wrecking ball swung into my stomach when I realized just how few photographs we have together. It didn’t knock the wind out of me, although, I found it dangerous that there’s no tangible evidence of us. But then I got aroused by the cognizance of our history written inside us, our only existence, one we depend on, that cannot fall victim – like photos – to scissor or flame. With this awareness, I postponed lunch, tied my sneakers tightly, and ran ‘til my lungs bled.

2 comments:

  1. Damn Gina,
    Pop a Squat and hop, and hop. Bring a brew advantageous of mediocrity. Let us be joyous even if it fabricated. I chunk the deuces yet I'm still here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! uhmm.. best comment ever?! Who are you, you mysterious Anonymous?

    ReplyDelete